Friday, December 12, 2008

Hot Yoga: Day Four

I was planning on going for yoga in the evening, but I had to drop off my grades in Polanco, near the center of the city, and spent an exhausting three hours fighting traffic (take a city with a population of 25 million, add major construction projects on major arteries of the city, Thursday afternoon, holiday shoppers, and 5 million pilgrims for the Virgin of Guadalupe, and it's a mess). By the time I got home at 7, starving (hadn't eaten enough lunch), I couldn't face it. I did, however, try to do deep breathing and stay calm and focused every time a driver cut me off or stopped dead at a green light to buy a reindeer antler headband. (Well, the antler incident did get to me, but I tried to quell my rage as quickly as possible once the purchase had been made and correct change found.)

No comments: